Friday, April 11, 2014

Sooner Than Expected

Well, no sooner had I finished yesterday's post, than we had some unexpected news. It seems that we will be meeting our babies on Monday, if not sooner. I have been having some upper right quadrant pain the past few days which I just attributed to normal pregnancy discomfort. However, upon reviewing my labs today, it was concluded that the pre-eclampsia has now progressed to the severe stage and my liver is not functioning properly. The biggest fear is that this disease will continue to grow rapidly, which in turn could lead to some very serious complications. I am trying to quick post this news before they wheel me down to labor & delivery. In the next few hours I will be getting the second round of steroid shots, as well as a magnesium sulfate IV drip. If any further complications arise, they will delivery the babies immediately. Please pray that I can at least remain stable for these next two and a half days and that the babies would remain stable.

11 comments:

  1. Just read this and praying (Gail Moseley)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers coming immediately
    Debbie huberty

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a wonderful job. The babies have had a good home for a good long time. May their little bodies be strong and vital and may your body handle this situation with stability and calmness, we pray in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a wonderful job. The babies have had a good home for a good long time. May their little bodies be strong and vital and may your body handle this situation with stability and calmness, we pray in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, Heidi. I am so glad they are taking care of you! We are praying!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are praying for you all - the babies, siblings, you, Rob, all your parents. Looking forward to hearing the next chapter, and trusting the One who already knows the end of the story. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't know me. I am a friend of Heather's in Eau Claire. Also am a labor and delivery nurse, so I find your blog interesting. Praying for you! :) Ruth

    ReplyDelete