Thursday, April 3, 2014

30 weeks

Finally having reached 30 weeks, I am beginning to feel like the end is in sight. Only 4 more weeks to go!!! There isn't much new information to report. The babies are STILL doing great. I had sonogram #23 this morning and each babies' fluid levels, breathing, and movements were normal. They are growing like weeds. My husband and kids even comment from day to day that I'm looking bigger. Boy, I am feeling it, too! Hard to believe my stomach can get any bigger. As of Sunday, I had already gained 60 pounds!!!

God continues to help me pass my days without too much boredom. Rob brought a 6 foot table into my room and we have now done about 6 different puzzles. I also pass the time reading, going through our personal mail, paying bills, spending quiet time with God, working on the church music cataloging project, and chatting with visitors. To date, I have had 108 visitors! Some of these have come in groups or multiple times, but that is still a LOT of people. And that does not include the visits from Rob and our sons who try and come see me 4-5 times each week. Most nights they come and take me for a short "walk" outside or around the hospital. These are a definite highlight of my day. On top of all this activity, the doctors and nurses are in and out of my room many times each day. I have had good conversations with several of them and really appreciate all they do for me.

One kind church friend came by this week and tried to teach me to crochet. She brought a book, yarn, and a crochet needle (or whatever it's called), and told me to start with square wash cloths. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, after about 2 hours, I had created the masterpiece seen in the picture below. This endeavor has definitely provided MUCH comic relief this week. (I have started a second one, which is a significant improvement.)





3 comments:

  1. This is getting more exciting by the minute. So anxious to see these guys but willing to wait til God's perfect timing is here. We pray for you and them every night. I'm saving my time to help once your family wears out or has to go home. You are doing a great job of providing your babies with a calm, warm, snug home until their debut. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...haha...thats about how my first dishcloth looked as well....now I have several in drawer that I use everyday!! Sooo happy to hear of great progress and such healthy babies and Mama! Continuing to pray for endurance and safe deliveries!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John and I continue our prayers for you, the babies, the boys and Rob! Thanks for the update. 30 weeks! Yay!!!!! Those 3 buns in the oven are so blessed to have you for their mommy! You are doing a great job Heidi...just keep clinging to Jesus and trusting Him! Love, The Hogelands

    ReplyDelete