Wednesday, February 25, 2015

I Need Help!

Often times when I am out in public with my brood, people make comments such as, "You've got your hands full. How do you do it? Do you have help?" I usually make the normal small talk for about 30 seconds and then move on to the next onlooker. However, I've really been meditating on it recently. I certainly NEED help. Believe me, folks, as much as kind people like to encourage me, the truth is I can't do it alone! Ashamedly, I must admit that I.....the mother....have threatened to run away from home. I have watched three crying babies on the floor and just joined them. I get weary. I get overwhelmed. Often.

Yet, to the question, "Do you have help?" I answer a confident "YES."

"Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually. 
Remember the wondrous works He has done."   
(I Chronicles 16:11-12)

"....as your days, so shall your strength be."  
(Deuteronomy 33:25) 

You see, every evening when my five babies are asleep (and they must be ASLEEP), I retreat to my quiet bedroom and commune with my God. It is there, I find HELP. It is there, I ask for God's strength to face another day. It is there I pray for those who have it more difficult than I do. It is there I remember the wondrous works that He has done in my life.

And it doesn't end there. God has also instituted the church to HELP. You see, I need the church, too. It is there I hear instructions on how to live. It is there I remember I am not alone. It is there I am encouraged to keep going. We just got rid of sickness that has plagued our home for the past five weeks. (Folks, I have been puked on more this past month than I can even count.) During that time, there have been numerous occasions that I have been unable to be at church. It has served to remind me just how much I need it! I NEED IT!!! And so, I confidently praise God for His abundant help in my life! It is enough!

******************************************** 

Baby Updates

Taerik continues to be our determined little red-head. He had been trying so hard to crawl for the past 3-4 weeks, but somehow only managed to scoot himself backwards. However, just yesterday, he figured it out! We are so proud of him! I am certain he has taken over as the biggest baby now, as he eats and eats and eats. I often have to make him another half bottle after his siblings have finished. (Or sometimes, he just helps himself to theirs.)  


Drake is most definitely the laid back one of the group. He is perfectly content to watch his brother and sister move around, without any desire to join them. And yet, while he claps from the sidelines, we have a feeling there is somewhat of a mischievous side to him. Time will tell. He remains our melt-your-heart little cuddle bug. 


Keira has become an absolute pro at crawling. She moves fast and with ease. She has also mastered the art of pulling herself up onto things and especially loves scooting over to the piano to play along with whomever is practicing. Keira knows what she wants. She remains my only child ever to scream in the church nursery for no other reason than, "I want my mommy....NOW." 


The babies have graduated to their big-kid car seats and our family has graduated to 10 gallons of milk per week! Worth.....every.....penny!






(Griffen and Rhys are wearing Rob's old basketball numbers.) 

*********************************************

Lastly, my sister recently made a lyric video of a song I wrote a while back. It was written before the triplets were born and during a time of great discouragement. Our family had said good-bye to 13 babies through miscarriage and adoption failure. I had come to a place of deep loneliness, as I came to believe that no one in the world could possibly understand what I was going through. During that time, it was as if God Himself came beside me and whispered in my ear, "I know what it's like to lose a child." This song was born out of that experience. I trust it can be of great encouragement to any who are hurting today. Look at the "end" of my story!!!

4 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures...such cute kiddos...such an amazing momma! <3 John and I pray for you all the time! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that song! We had 3 FETs at NEDC in 2010. Our 3rd FET resulted in the birth of our twins, but the first two resulted in heartache. We lost a total of 8 sweet babies..your song captured the same emotions I experienced not so long ago! You have a beautiful voice - thank you for using it to the glory of God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This entire post could have been me writing it! I can totally relate to the first part. Our babies are almost the same in development and personality and you know I can relate to the suffering through child loss. (17). I and I grateful the Lord chose to have our paths meet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As to your question that people ask, do you have help. I'll tell you what I tell my new mom's in the hospital (and that's usually with one baby!) I people asked if they can help, say yes and give them somethinf to do! Don't steal their JOY! Ruth in WI

    ReplyDelete