Friday, September 19, 2014

How My Life Has Changed

This past week I was reminiscing on how my life has changed this past year. Last September, we were in the middle of all the shots and medications to get my body ready to receive our little embryo's. One year later and we hold them in our arms. So what is different?

Well, our pantry is stocked a little differently. 


Dinner time is a little messier.




We do a few more dishes.
(And there were 9 more in the dishwasher.)

We....ahem....I do a little more laundry.
(This was about 4 days worth.)

We shop a little differently.
(We are ALWAYS on the lookout for a good diaper sale.)

We empty a little more trash.
(We fill this every day and empty it every night.)


And yet, in spite of this new and completely chaotic lifestyle, our lives are better. MUCH BETTER. Because....whenever we have a spare moment....

We smile a little bigger.
(OK, so you might have to focus on MY smile. It's an accomplishment to just get the others to look.)

 We cuddle a little more.




And our hearts are overflowing with gratitude to God! 







"From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear,
no eye has seen a God besides you,
who acts for those who wait for Him."
(Isaiah 64:4)

1 comment:

  1. Heidi...I absolutely love following your blog and reading about all of these precious children, and seeing the pictures! Yes...your lives have changed so much since you first came to Calvary. It is exciting to see how the Lord has worked in your lives and blessed you.

    I like the verse from Isaiah that you posted. We are waiting on the Lord to direct our path right now and this verse makes me feel so encouraged to wait and see how the Lord will work things out. :)

    I just want you to know that John and I pray for you in our devotions...and love you all in the Lord!

    The Hogelands

    ReplyDelete