Monday, September 1, 2014

BUSY!!!

These past few weeks have been crazy around here! I could write paragraphs, including every detail, however I have only 35 minutes before my three little ones are expected to wake up from their afternoon naps. So, here's a recap...

Thursday, August 21
My sister, her four kids, plus my mom all arrived in Kansas for a week-long visit. This increased the household inhabitant count to 13! My dad also came down for a few days, padding our numbers temporarily.





Friday, August 22
We had a Camping Extravaganza themed birthday party for Rhys, who turned six years old! Rob and I, along with our two older boys, their four cousins, 10 church friends, Grandma Bjokne, Aunt Heather, and three other dads all enjoyed the festivities. A dear family from our church actually offered the use of their property to host the big event. In the end, they were an even bigger blessing by planning most of the party, too. The evening started with hot dogs over the campfire, followed by 300 water balloons, a swimming pool, s'mores, glow sticks, a scavenger hunt, and an overnight camp-out in tents. I heard many kids saying it was the best party ever!











Sunday, August 24
What can I say about Sundays? They are quite possibly both the best AND busiest days of the entire week. With so many church responsibilities, our family has been trying to just stay at church all day on Sunday. Each week I pack a suitcase....yes, a SUITCASE... filled with all our necessary gear. Following the morning worship service and all the after-church responsibilities, Rob goes and gets lunch somewhere and brings it back for the family. So far, so good. By cutting out the cooking, packing, loading, and travel time, we usually even have time for a nap before the music rehearsals start up at 4:15.

Monday - Tuesday, August 25-26
Rob, my sister Heather, and myself spent 2 full days recording music for our family ministry venture, Forever Be Sure. As usual, this time was filled with much enjoyment and laughter! Take two stay-at-home moms of NINE children and release them for two days --- it's bound to be a good time! We laughed until we cried and ate lots of great food. Oh yeah, and we recorded some music, too. Check us out on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/foreverbesure) or our website (http://www.foreverbesure.com) to keep up on our upcoming ministries.





Wednesday, August 27
My dear husband turned 32! We took the kids to Dollar Tree and let them each pick out something special for Rob, giving instructions to think of what HE would like for his birthday. My nephew, Brady, went straight for the toilet plunger. After some guidance, though, Rob ended up with colorful pens, a pool noodle, "Happy Birthday" glasses, a gag rock toy, Hot Tamales, and Snickers. We ended the night with his favorite dessert, apple pie.


Wednesday also marked the first night of AWANA for our church. This year, our family had three participants, as I signed up to help out in T & T (5th and 6th grade girls). This picture was taken BEFORE club started. No sooner had game time begun than I was hit directly in the eye with a dodge ball. Having only one eye to begin with, you guessed it....it was my good eye. Rob came to examine the damage and actually saw a portion of my cornea missing. I had to leave early due to searing pain and inability to see. Unbelievable, isn't it? On top of feeling terrible for not being there for the girls, I spent the next few days in much pain and blurriness. We have finally progressed from blindness and Oxycodone to a little blurriness and Advil. Praise the Lord for his healing, as well as a wonderful friend who came to help out at home!!!


Monday, September 1
After finally recovering from my injury, we were ready to begin the new homeschooling year. (Don't you dare tell my kids it's a holiday.) With three extra "students" this year, we have had to do some schedule revision. We began our day all together with Bible time and prayer. Then, we hit the books and piano lessons. Isn't this just the perfect picture of homeschooling? (Ignore the screaming baby in the middle.)


OK, so there were a few little distractions.... And a couple BIG distractions... 


But, we got through it. And we'll do it all again tomorrow. :)

In my morning pep talk, I was reminding the boys that we are going to be doing things a little differently this year because of the babies. I was explaining that they are a part of our family and not mere distractions. In Griffen's morning prayer, He thanked God for our "three little blessings from Heaven." And they are! I am often reminded of Proverbs 13:12, which says,

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes it is a tree of life."







1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry that you got hit in the eye with the ball! I am sure that was painful ans scary! I think you are amazing...and I admire your love for your God, your husband, your children, and your extended family, friends and church family. And on top of your ministries at Calvary you also home-school!!!! What a Wonder Woman!

    You have been so blessed... and you are such a blessing! We will continue to pray for you and the entire Fuller Family! Love, Linda, and John Hogeland

    ReplyDelete