Monday, February 24, 2014

Prayers Appreciated

Well, bed rest has come sooner than we hoped. At about 5:30 this evening, I received a call from my OB's nurse with the results of my latest blood and urine tests. Due to my elevated blood pressure, they have especially been watching the protein levels in my urine. The numbers should stay below 300, however mine recently spiked to 430. Because of this, my OB and MFM agreed that I needed to check into the hospital immediately. So, Rob helped me pack a small suitcase and by 6:30 I was checked in at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita. Upon our arrival, I was hooked up to a multitude of machines and, after speaking with several doctors, was diagnosed with preeclampsia. While the babies are still doing great, preeclampsia mostly poses a risk to my health. These risks include stroke and seizure. All the doctors seem to agree that they would like me to stay on hospitalized bed rest for the remainder of this pregnancy. I was also given the first round of steroids tonight to help the baby's development in the event that they need to be delivered soon. I will get a second round of steroids tomorrow sometime. Our new goal is to make it to 34 weeks. We would greatly appreciate your prayers for some specific request.

1. That my blood pressure would remain below 140.

2. That my protein levels would go down.

3. That my blood work would come back normal.

4. That I would be able to carry these babies as close to 34 weeks as possible.

5. That God would give grace during these next few weeks/months as our family is apart.

6. Griffen is having surgery tomorrow morning to put tubes in his ears and to have his adnoids removed. Please pray that his surgery goes well and that he would recover quickly....without his mom.

6 comments:

  1. You are in my prayers!!! This s similar to Mark and Jill's experience, hospitalized bed rest and prayers that they could wait until the twins were 34 wks. The reason was they were mono-mono twins (in the same sac.) God answered our prayers with a "yes" and although they were in NICU for 7 wks and came home on heart monitors, you would never know it today when you see these 4 year olds. God undertook for their20 mo. old, too. May God give you strength and peace, and bless you with healthy babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are in great hands---not just the doctors, but the Lord's. I will keep you in my prayers and pass your request along. And I'm sure it's hard not to be there for your son's surgery, but the best thing for everyone is you to be healthy. I can't wait to see a picture of your big, beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and the babies, and Rob and the boys! With God all things are possible...just keep trusting Him! :) (Gail's comment above about Mark and Jill's twins is encouraging...I love how God gives us grace and encouragement through our trials so that we can also encourage others when they are going through hard times.) Love...The Hogelands

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are definitely praying. Let us know if there is anything else we can do. My schedule is fairly flexible and I could run errands, watch the boys, etc. Whatever is needed. Please do call for my help. It'd be a blessing to help your family.
    Yvonne Schmitt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi, you all have been constantly in my thoughts and prayers today. I'll be watching your updates closely. God has got this!

    ReplyDelete