Monday, June 2, 2014

Growing, Growing, Growing

This morning the babies had their "6 week check up" --- at 7 1/2 weeks old and 38 1/2 weeks gestational age. Confused yet? There truly are so many dates to keep track of. People ask me what my original due date was and I don't even know. It changed so many times. What I do know is that the babies are growing! At today's appointment they weighed in at:

Taerik - 8 pounds, 6 ounces and  20 inches long
 Drake - 6 pounds, 12 ounces and almost 19 inches long
Keira - 8 pounds, 9 ounces and 20 inches long

Yup, two of my little babes have officially outgrown their newborn clothes and diapers! Drake is working hard to catch up and is certain to get there eventually. We did learn today that he will need to have surgery to repair a hernia. While the doctor assured me that this is only a minor surgery that is common in preemies, it still has this mommy concerned. Drake will likely need to stay in the hospital for 1-2 days after surgery. Prayers would be appreciated that everything would go smoothly. We are also still waiting for Drake to be able to lose the apnea monitor. The hope is that it could be removed within the next four weeks or so. The alarms have sounded several times now, so this could affect that time frame. He is such a precious little guy and we just keep praying him through to each new milestone.  

I have been asked several times if all three babies ever cry at the same time. The answer is "yes". I took this video just the other day before feeding time. 


While that clip was pretty cute, sometimes they get REAL hacked off. Not that I want to mention any names or anything, but our little miss definitely has deep convictions about life. This next video was shot right before diaper time last night. (She's really going to hate me for this someday, isn't she?)


I'm not going to lie. There have definitely been moments where I find myself clinging to various passages of Scripture. Deuteronomy 33:25 says, "...as your days, so shall your strength be." Another favorite is I Chronicles 16:11-12. "Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his presence continually! Remember the wondrous works that he has done." By His grace, the hard work and stress are balanced with moments like these that just melt my heart. That is when I remember His goodness and bow my head in deep gratitude. We are very blessed!








2 comments:

  1. Love the updates. If it helps my Matthew had double hernia surgery at 3, weeks old and and he was only 5 1/2,_ lbs. It went very well and no issues all through the years. You are in our daily prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is the best for sharing your three bundles of joy like you do. I'm enjoying reading back through the updates I haven't seen yet. I told Ron I need a baby fix and so I look at the pictures and see the videos and it helps. No offense to Pastor, but I'm going to hate going back to church in October after snuggling your babies in the nursery for the month of September. Just tell him to check the nursery if he needs to talk to me, I'll probably wander down there for a quick peek on occasion. LOL! Thanks again for being so generous with all of us. PS. I love the picture with Rob & Keira in the big bed. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete