Monday, May 26, 2014

Blessed

In the past two weeks, the AC unit on our van completely died, lightening destroyed the power supply on our home computer, and an electricity surge totally fried Rob's laptop. Two nights ago, our kitchen faucet sprung a leak and the medical bills have begun appearing in our mailbox. And yet, in the midst of all of this, a dear friend of ours tragically passed away and I realize....I am blessed. As I weep with a new widow and hug her fatherless children I cannot help but forget my petty problems. God has been very good to me! He saw me through my valleys and strengthened in my weakness. He has endlessly given wisdom, direction, love, protection, and abundant provision. And yet, despite loss and despair, I marvel at how God worked out everything for good. So today I hold my kids a little tighter. I kiss my husband a little longer. And I plead with God to bestow this same grace and strength to those who mourn so deeply. You will be missed, Shane! We love you and will continue to hold your family very dear.





1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said! We will continue to pray for Amanda and the kids during this very sad time. God will comfort them and watch over them...and I know all of her special friends and church family will rally 'round them. God is good...and God is faithful...even when things seem out of control.

    ReplyDelete