Monday, November 18, 2013

Grateful

With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, there is much talk about gratitude. And while I could often be accused of jumping on the bandwagon, I, too, have created a list of several things for which I am genuinely grateful. Oh, my list could go on for pages, however, today I choose to focus on three specific ways God has blessed me with SO MUCH MORE than I deserve.

Outpouring of Love from Others
Our news of triplets went out a mere 11 days ago, yet hundreds of people have expressed their love and support for our family. While I have not been able to personally respond to each and every message, I have read them all. And even beyond the multitude of encouraging notes, there have also been gifts. Whether a book, a "Babysitter Skipper" doll (complete with three babies that stick to her clothes), or monetary donations, our family has been overwhelmed by the kindness of others. We loudly echo the words of Paul in II Corinthians 9:12 -

"For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints,
but is also overflowing in MANY thanksgivings to God."


No More Meds!!!
Along with the embryo transfer procedure comes a detailed medical protocol. There have been over twelve weeks of medications, including approximately 300 pills and nearly 200 injections in the stomach and thighs. Once a certain stage in pregnancy is achieved, the process of weaning off the meds begins. Well, I have finally reached that point and it even arrived one week earlier than expected! My body is very grateful that we are past this stage of the process! I am reminded of the words in II Corinthians 4:17, where Paul highlights that the trials of this life are so small in comparison with the eternal glory that awaits!

"For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an 
eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison."


Maternity Clothes
Of all the things that I could find myself worrying about with the not-so-distant arrival of three babies into our home, I have found myself on several occasions panicking over maternity clothes. Even as I read the words I just typed, I realize how ridiculous it must sound. Yet, I find myself sweating over what in the world will actually fit and look decent, where I'm supposed to find the time and energy to go shopping for such clothes, and how I am supposed to pay for them with so many other looming expenses. In the very midst of one such anxiety attack, my attention was drawn to the words of Christ in Matthew 6.  

"Do not be anxious about your life...what you will put on. Is not life...more than clothing? 
If God so clothe the grass of the field...will he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore, do not be anxious, saying...What shall we wear?...
For your heavenly Father knows [what] you need."  


God continues to amaze me daily! He is faithful to remind me of His promises. He calms my fears and focuses my mind on truth. He works behind the scenes to provide for all my needs. (This includes several kind friends who brought over piles of old maternity clothes this week.) He is good all the time. And for that, I am grateful!!!

1 comment:

  1. Friend of Vickie B. and mother of twins: The best place to go to cover a pregnant tummy is Old Navy Maternity. Really!!

    ReplyDelete